The Mohawk Students’ Association exists to ensure all Mohawk Students achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond. We empower Mohawk Students to create a community they can lean on for positive experiences, relevant supports, a listening ear, and a strong voice so they can achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond.
Led by the Executive Director and an elected Student Board of Directors (BOD), we are a Non-Profit Organization that supports students through our Areas of Focus:
While we are a separate organization from Mohawk College, we work collaboratively with the college to reach our goals.
My MSA Team
We live our values to ensure we achieve our Student Driven Vision and Mission. In This Together, we collaborate in transformative ways within and beyond our departments, helping wherever we are needed. We Believe it’s Possible by focusing on outcomes rather than outputs. We prioritize Foster Belonging, where all staff members feel purposeful and supported as their authentic selves. And we share and learn through the power of Storytelling.
My Student Services Team
As an integral part of the larger Student Experience Team (Programming, Communications, Services), the Student Services Team provides relevant supports and services, which include a health and dental plan, bus pass, and academic, wellness and life services, that meet the social, physical, mental, and professional well-being of students.
Watching students succeed and knowing that we played a part in that success, is the best part of our job.
What You Do
Asthe Student Services Assistant, you provide front-line service to our students. You act as an ambassador, collaborator, and connector, sharing MSA information, working together with the Student Services team and other MSA staff. You listen to students’ questions and concerns, helping where you can, and connecting them to MSA and College resources. Because you are a student, you provide the MSA with insight into your own lived experience as well as common issues and concerns brought to the front desk.
This role works collaboratively to ensure the success of all departments, because we are in this together.
What Success Looks Like in This Role:
You thrive on helping your fellow students and building connections with others on campus. You ensure that students get what they need, when and how they need it. You play an active role within the Student Services team to ensure that students at your campus are engaged, served, and feel included at the MSA.
- Deliver services and supports to the students at your campus.
- Build trust between the MSA and Mohawk students.
- Promote opportunities for involvement within the MSA.
- Connect students to College and/or MSA resources.
How You Do It
- Deliver MSA services including but not limited to: bus pass, health and dental plan, academic supports, wellness, and life services.
- Foster interpersonal relationships and connections with the student body to inform, educate and share opportunities.
- Provide general reception duties including greeting guests, answering in-person and telephone inquiries, booking appointments, etc.
- Connect students to MSA, Mohawk College and partner resources to assist them with questions and concerns.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of programs related to services.
- Provide insight and feedback to the MSA around student concerns and the student experience at your campus, including using your student lens to create improvements to MSA processes in serving students.
- Support a student feedback process that allows for sharing insights to the Board and staff with respect to the student experience at your campus.
- Support MSA staff to execute small-scale student experiences specific to their respective campuses – IAHS.
What you Need in Education, Experience, and Training for your Department:
- Currently enrolled in a Mohawk College program (open to all students).
- In good standing with the College (60% minimum grade average).
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Customer service experience.
What Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes that you require:
- Proficiency in a digital environment.
- Pride in customer service, with a focus on service excellence.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Positive energy and attitude.
How We Support You
This position is entitled to the following comprehensive compensation package:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Option to enroll in the CAAT Defined Benefit Pension
- Staff Wellbeing Initiatives.
- Celebrate an Individual’s Authentic Self.
- Work Culture that prioritizes that staff have a voice, feel a sense of belonging, and have fun together.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The MSA seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially seeks applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Please include in the subject line of the email the title Student Services Assistant IAHS Campus, your last name first and then your first name.
If you have questions regarding the hiring process for the Student Services Assistant Student position or require accommodation in the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be accepting applications until July 29, 2022, or until the position is filled. The expected start date is August 22, 2022.