What we stand for
We empower Mohawk Students to create a community they can lean on for positive experiences, relevant supports, a listening ear, and a strong voice so they can achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond.
Led by the Executive Director and an elected Student Board of Directors (BOD), we are a Non-Profit Organization that supports students through our Areas of Focus – Advocacy & Leadership, Engagement & Support, Sustainability & Operations. While we are separate from Mohawk College, we do work collaboratively with the college to reach our goals.
We believe in fostering an environment where all staff members feel Purposeful, Supported, and like they Belong. Together daily, we live and bring our values to life to ensure we achieve our student-centred Vision and Mission.
My MSA Team
Every day is a new challenge, and you are continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. As an asset to a team that is In This Together, you collaborate with our BOD, advocate for best practices, and pitch in where needed. You Believe it’s Possible and contribute in transformative ways within and beyond your department through insight and support.
My Food, Beverage and Catering team
The MSA F&B team fulfills the diverse nutritional needs of the College community. In offering a range of quick serve, full serve and catering services, the F&B and C team strive to meet the social, physical, mental, and professional well-being needs of Mohawk Students.
A student line cook crew member functions as a customer service ambassador for the Mohawk Students’ Association Food and Beverage department. This position promotes healthy choices for students and Mohawk visitors and maintains high quality food and beverage standards, while demonstrating a passion for health and wellness.
What Success Looks Like in This Role:
You play an active role in improving the MSA’s brand awareness. Beyond this, however, you are also a crucial asset in creating a sense of belonging for other students, empowering them to use their voice and get involved, and enhancing their college experiences through communication initiatives.
- Help improve and continue to build MSA brand awareness.
- Help build trust between the MSA and Mohawk students.
- Effectively communicate with students about what’s happening within the MSA.
- Help to humanize the MSA.
The Mohawk Student’s Association is a not-for-profit student-run organization located within Mohawk College. The MSA provides student representation, value-added student services, special events, food, beverage, catering and institutional facilities for more than 14,000 fee paying students. At the MSA, we strive to enhance all student’s college experience through leadership, support, and advocacy.
- Food preparation.
- Cooking with fryers, flat top and grill.
- General cleaning.
- Suggestive selling products and beverages.
- Cash handling.
- Maintaining daily logs (i.e. temperature and wastage reports).
- Adhere to Mohawk Students’ Association and Public Health policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Ability to follow brand standards and recipes.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in the food services industry OR relevant experience.
- Experience handling cash and cash register.
- Food Handlers Certificate preferred or willing to obtain within first 2 weeks.
- Able to repetitively lift (at least 50 pounds) using proper lifting procedures.
- Able to work long hours mostly standing.
- Must follow all outlined safety protocol including the wearing of certified slip resistant shoes.
- Excellent professionalism and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills, outgoing and friendly.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Organizational skills to prioritize daily tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a Mohawk College program (open to all students). In good standing with the college (60% minimum grade average).
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must follow all Mohawk College COVID-19 protocols.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
Equity and Diversity are core values of the MSA and are engrained in the work we do to support Mohawk students. At the MSA, we believe in dedication to our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion requires a continuous commitment. It’s about fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, safety and inclusiveness among individuals and groups, where leadership is made up of different people with diverse perspectives. The MSA is actively building a community where everyone is encouraged and celebrated to be themselves and whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences in order to challenge and dismantle systemic oppression.
We are looking for qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially encourage applications from Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
Reports To: Executive Chef/Sous Chef
Department: Food, Beverage and Catering
Classification: Part-time Contract
How to Apply:
- Please apply to email@example.com
- Please include the title ‘Student Line Cook Crew’, your last name and then your first name in the subject line of the email.
- Attach your resume and cover letter either in a PDF or Word Document.
- Please include links to samples of your work (writing samples, video work samples, etc.).
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, The MSA will, upon the request of the employee provide accommodation.
Should you require accommodation at any point during your employment with the MSA please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.