The Mohawk Students’ Association exists to ensure all Mohawk Students achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond. We empower Mohawk Students to create a community they can lean on for positive experiences, relevant supports, a listening ear, and a strong voice so they can achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond.
Led by the Executive Director and an elected Student Board of Directors (BOD), we are a Non-Profit Organization that supports students through our Areas of Focus:
While we are a separate organization from Mohawk College, we work collaboratively with the college to reach our goals.
My MSA Team
We live our values to ensure we achieve our Student Driven Vision and Mission. In This Together, we collaborate in transformative ways within and beyond our departments, helping wherever we are needed. We Believe it’s Possible by focusing on outcomes rather than outputs. We prioritize Foster Belonging, where all staff members feel purposeful and supported as their authentic selves. And we share and learn through the power of Storytelling.
My Communications Team
The MSA Communication Team is a department within the Student Experience Team (Communications, Programming, and Student Services) that handles the core communication execution responsibilities at the MSA. The team values creative diversity, and all members are encouraged to bring new ideas and their own creative pa ssions to the table – is there something you’re itching to learn more about or dip your feet into … let us know!
What You Do
In this role you will work alongside the MSA Communications Team. While each team member may have different tasks and priorities each day, you will all work together to continue to build the MSA’s brand awareness, effectively communicate MSA happenings to students, work towards the Association’s Strategic Plan, implement the Equity Sequence when planning and brainstorming, apply and showcase the MSA values during planning processes and initiatives.
What Success Looks Like in This Role:
You play an active role in improving the MSA’s brand awareness through informing, inviting, and inspiring. You are a creative storyteller, driven and innovative. You know how to prioritize tasks, you work hard and have fun doing it. You are a crucial asset when it comes to fostering belonging for students. The Student Engagement Team is responsible for enriching the student experience beyond academics. You’ll be working closely with your Communication Specialist and other MSA Student Engagement team members to brainstorm and execute promotional campaigns across all campuses. Your role will be to ensure Mohawk students inform, invite, and involve students to events, services and opportunities on campus. As a student engagement team member, you’ll bring high energy to hallway events, planned events, and will be using our social media platforms to engage with students online.
- Establish personal connections and engage with Mohawk College students regarding services, events, operations, open houses, clubs, and other MSA initiatives.
- Representing the MSA and its values while humanizing the brand so that students understand they are the MSA and feel invited, welcomed and that they belong.
How You Do It
- Informing, inviting, inspiring fellow students on all MSA events, activities, initiatives and services.
- Assist the MSA Communications Department in developing and executing promotional campaigns, both on-campus (all campuses Fennell, Stoney Creek, IAHS) and through MSA affiliated social media platforms.
- Using social media channels and social media trends (audio trends, student-safe challenges, dance challenges) to inform and invite Mohawk College Students.
- Transporting and setting up promotional materials to and from various locations within all campuses -Fennell, Stoney Creek, IAHS.
- Act in such a manner that reflects the professional values and expectations of the MSA.
- Operate in accordance with the MSA Values, by-laws and policies, and as an extension of the organization.
What you Need in Education, Experience, and Training for your Department:
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Mohawk College program
- Proven record of working effectively within team environments
- Street level promotions or customer service experience with ability to problem solve and deal with adversity
- In good standing with the college (60% minimum grade average).
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time management abilities.
What Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes that you require:
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Self-motivated, dependable, and punctual
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Comfortable using social media.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Standard work hours are 0-15 hours per week.
- This may include evenings and weekends when required.
- Travel between campuses maybe required.
- Able to work in a variety of settings that may involve sitting, standing, lifting, and transporting.
How We Support You
This position is entitled to the following comprehensive compensation package:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). EMPOWER ME.
- Option to enroll in the CAAT Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Staff Wellbeing Initiatives.
- Celebrate an Individual’s Authentic Self.
- Work Culture that prioritizes that staff have a voice, feel a sense of belonging, and have fun together.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The MSA seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially seeks applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
How to Apply:
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include ‘Street Team’ in the e-mail subject line followed by your last and first name, and attach your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions regarding the hiring process or you require accommodation in the interview process, please reach out to: email@example.com. The expected flexible start date is January 3, 2023. The contract will end on April 7th, 2023.