The Mohawk Students’ Association exists to ensure all Mohawk Students achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond. We empower Mohawk Students to create a community they can lean on for positive experiences, relevant supports, a listening ear, and a strong voice so they can achieve personal success in their college experience and beyond.
Led by the Executive Director and an elected Student Board of Directors (BOD), we are a Non-Profit Organization that supports students through our Areas of Focus:
While we are a separate organization from Mohawk College, we work collaboratively with the college to reach our goals.
My MSA Team
We live our values to ensure we achieve our Student Driven Vision and Mission. In This Together, we collaborate in transformative ways within and beyond our departments, helping wherever we are needed. We Believe it’s Possible by focusing on outcomes rather than outputs. We prioritize Foster Belonging, where all staff members feel purposeful and supported as their authentic selves. And we share and learn through the power of Storytelling.
My Food Services Team
We know the importance that food security has on engaging and supporting the physical, mental, and social well-being of Mohawk students. The MSA Food Services team fulfills the diverse food security needs of the College community while ensuring we connect with people through every interaction.
What You Do
Reporting to the Food Services Specialist, the Lead provides daily operational support in all of the MSA food service operations. You will support a team of student staff, ensuring value-based service excellence.
What Success Looks Like in This Role:
You ensure every interpersonal interaction is a positive experience, engaging and supporting students. You are able to think on your feet, empowered to make decisions that enhance the student experience and support our student-driven values. Best practices will be a focal point of the position in the areas of customer service and day-to-day business operations.
- Executes daily food services operations in Booster Juice, setting the example for customer service, efficiency and production.
- Ordering/Inventory of Booster Juice products, following Franchise SOP’s.
- Maintains positive relationships with students, staff, and partners.
- Supports a food services team with a focus on mentoring that ensures student staff play an integral role in food service operations.
- Communicates departmental staffing, production, execution, and service delivery needs.
How You Do It
- Assists in onboarding, mentoring and development of student staff.
- Celebrate Personal and Team success.
- Fosters and promotes a collaborative and harmonious working environment.
- Participate and actively engage in MSA activities.
- Open/Closing duties, including cash reconciliation and reporting.
- Support of prep, production, scheduling, and assignments.
- Ensuring value-based Service Excellence and quality standards.
- Communicating student food security needs and feedback.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of assigned outlet including maintaining general stock levels, cleanliness, and month-end Inventory control.
- POS and cash handling.
- Compliance in Booster Juice Brand Standards.
- Supervision of Student Staff.
- Provides support to other outlets when required.
- Reports Food Services risk management, health and safety, maintenance, and equipment issues to be addressed.
What you Need in Education, Experience, and Training for your Department:
- Previous experience supervising in a Booster Juice.
- Certified at Booster Juice University or willing to be certified.
- Familiarity in ordering using GFS online platform.
- Familiarity in ordering AW Holdings
- Familiarity in collaborating with Booster Juice Head Quarter staff and inspections.
- Valid food handler’s certification.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health guidelines.
- Understanding and experience with various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
What Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes that you require:
- Passion for working for and with post-secondary students.
- Desire for lifelong learning.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Comfort in a digital environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced student-facing customer service space.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Standard work hours are 35 hours per week.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Travel between campuses may be required.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods.
How We Support You
This position is entitled to the following compensation package:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Enrollment in the CAAT Defined Benefit Pension
- Staff Wellbeing Initiatives.
- Celebrate an Individual’s Authentic Self.
- Personalized Success Plans and Professional Development.
- Work Culture that prioritizes that staff have a voice, feel a sense of belonging, and have fun together.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The MSA seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially seeks applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: MSAfoodservices@mohawkcollege.ca
- Please include in the subject line of the email the title Booster Juice Outlet Lead – Equivalent to Franchise Manager, your last name first and then your first name.
If you have questions regarding the hiring process for the position or require accommodation in the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting applications until July 31, 2022, or until the position is filled. The expected start date is August 22, 2022.